Tessera for translation and editing
Tessera BV is a four-person translation and editing company consisting of translators Mike, Clare, Ruud and Mariëlle (who also does the admin). We work for both translation agencies and direct clients. The end clients include many household names and large multinationals. They are in all kinds of industries with the transport sector, pharmaceutical industry, financial services sector, academic world and museum sector particularly well represented.
- Dutch to English
- French to English
- German to English
- US English to or from UK English
- Screening translations
- Editing English texts written by non-natives
- Specialist areas:
- Medical, IT, science and technology
- Business and financial
- Art, history, sport and leisure
- Types of texts include:
- CAT tools, including Trados and MemoQ
Why choose us
- Two native speakers of English, two of Dutch
- Rates give good value for money
- Accurate translations and fast turnaround times
- Substantial translation experience
- Translating since 2001
- Over 4000 translation jobs - 12 million words
- We understand the subject matter. We have
- Degrees in science, economics, history and statistics
- Work experience in IT and pharmaceuticals, consultancy, research and education
- Our customers keep coming back!
- Our top 20 clients have given us an average of more than 150 jobs each
Want a translation or edit?
If you have a document you want translated or edited, please contact us for a quote. This website also contains general information about our rates, our policy on personal data and the procedure for getting a translation or edit done. And you will find answers to many queries on our FAQ page.
The Tessera Team
Mike’s background is in chemistry and biochemistry, and he also has many years’ experience in the IT world and as a consultant. Outside of work, Mike plays piano, keyboards and bass and has been in a number of blues and rock bands. Resident in the Netherlands since 1989. Mother tongue: English. Other languages: Dutch, French, German
Clare has Master’s degrees in economics, statistics and history to back up her work experience in consultancy and consumer research. Clare is also a keen amateur artist. Resident in the Netherlands since 1990. Mother tongue: English. Other languages: Dutch, French, German.
Ruud’s varied career has included teaching Dutch and English and freelance translation through his own bureau. For relaxation, Ruud plays guitar and sings, and has been in various bands. He is also a highly qualified martial arts instructor. Mother tongue: Dutch. Other languages: English.
Mariëlle handles the admin and invoicing for us, and works as a part-time translator. Along with several years of experience working in an accounts department, she has also acquired a feel for languages, through her degree in Japanese. Mother tongue: Dutch. Other languages: English, Japanese.